Thankful

Thankful.

This word just keeps coming to my mind today. I have SO much to be thankful for. I deserve nothing and yet God has given me so very much. Everything I have is a gift. I realize many people say things like "you deserve it" when something good happens to someone. But, what do we actually deserve? We deserve nothing, well, nothing good. Are we good people? Not good enough. You cannot be good enough. It is impossible. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23. It's just the way it is. And yet, God freely gives us gifts. I am blessed beyond measure when I think of this realization. I am grateful. The biggest gift I have is salvation, next in line is my marriage.

As a young teen, I was challenged to write a list of all the attributes I would want in my future spouse. After I wrote it, I stuck it in my Bible and would look at it every once in a while. There were the normal teen girl wants "sensitive, musical, etc." but then there were the items that were actually important: A man after God's own heart, someone who loves his family, trustworthy, honest, a good communicator,..." and as I thought about the list of items, I realized that God has given me pretty much all of the things on my list in my husband. Wow. What a gift God has given me.



Thank you, God, for giving me the man of my dreams. Thank you for preparing him for me and me for him. Thank you for loving your daughter enough to bring me my love. I love you, Lord. You are an awesome God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Hero 6 + The Incredibles, Related??

The real, messy, honest truth

Top 10 Let It GO